Tuesday 15 July 2014

Dieting On Holiday?

It's so hard on ya hols to keep on it.  I'm staying with lovely friends in Plymouth in their beautiful home overlooking a 2.5 acre garden, observing rabbits and deer passing by.

Two blank food trackers were packed, along with:
  • handbag sweeteners
  • kitchen sweeteners
  • breakfast cereal
  • sprinkle sweet
  • long life skimmed milk
  • chewing gum (for the car journey)
  • Ryvita
  • Green Tea


The hardest thing is creating a balance between, "I'm on holiday - blow it" and "All that hard work since January gone to rack and ruin."

I'm half way through the holiday. My birthday meal was at an Indian Restaurant: Nibana Indian Cuisine in Crownhill Plymouth. Modern, super clean, nice back ground music and attentive staff.  I had my usual Chicken Tandoori with boiled rice and a side salad. Yes I know, boiled rice, but  I really enjoyed it. Amazing how the same dish can vary so much in each restaurant.  If you're in the area it's worth considering.

Today I went to: Sam's in Cornwall in Fowey, a really good fish restaurant. I try not to have a starter and a dessert.  Decided on char-grilled sardines with their speciality salad of (the usual) mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, roasted seeds, their home grown mung beans, cottage cheese and hard boiled egg.  It came with a 8" piece of French stick bread and a huge load of butter.  Ate only half the bread and the tiniest scrape of butter. Again, check it out.

When the weight loss gets to a crucial stage, like one more pound and you've lost 3 stone, every mouthful counts!

The plan has been, when we go out for one meal, the other meal has to be light.  It's working so far - we'll see how it goes.  I never get complacent, because in every thin person, (I'm by no means thin!) there's a fat person waiting to get out!

Tomorrow we are going to visit: Trago Mills and  Endsleigh Garden & Leisure Centre.

I'll report back tomorrow  .   .   . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single message